Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Meatballs

I made spaghetti and meatballs for the Steelers' opening day.  Opening day wasn't such a success but at least the food was.  When I made the meatballs I decided to make extra to freeze as a time saver for later.  My meatballs are the same as my burgers.

Ingredients
(all ingredients are based on 1 pound of ground beef)
Ground Beef, uncooked
1 egg
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
To prepare
1.  Dump ingredients into a mixing bowl.  



2.  Kneed until ingredients are good and mixed.
3.  Form mixture into balls and place in baking pan.  I make rather large meatballs.  I prepared 30 meatballs with 6 pounds of ground meat.



4.  Bake at 375 for approximately 40 minutes, flipping them half way through.


5.  Once they cool a bit I separate what I will not be using into freezer bags of 4 meatballs a piece and throw in the freezer.












No comments:

Post a Comment