I am really liking some of the ideas that Steel is coming home with from school. He learned about tornadoes at school and he came home with a project to make a tornado in a jar. It was pretty cool, we put it together right away.
Glass jar with lid - We used a pickle jar
1 tsp dish soap
1 tsp white vinegar
The How To
1. Fill jar 3/4 full with tap water.
2. Add dish soap and vinegar.
3. Replace cap.
4. Shake it up. The clouds will appear at the top of the jar when finished shaking.
5. Swirl jar with the jar upright in a rapid motion for a few seconds.
6. When you finish swirling, the tornado appears swirling around in the jar.