Saturday, September 24, 2011

Freezer Inventory

Ever find lost food in the freezer?  Well, I have.  I forget about things that get left in the freezer and then found when they are sometimes no longer edible.  I used to really have this problem when we had a chest freezer.  We now have an upright so it is not such a problem but it does still exist.  So I had this idea...

I put a white dry erase board on the outside of the freezer with a list of the contents.  This will make it easy to wipe off when you take something out of the freezer.  I will add to the list when I add items.  I think that it will work well, especially if I check the inventory on shopping day.


2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try this...I'm pretty bad about keeping track of what I have...I buy a lot at times and seem to stack it on top of what I already have so I can't find what I need ...maybe this would really help...only if I make myself keep it up though..wish me luck!! Laura

    ReplyDelete