Friday, September 9, 2011

Taco Dip

This is my version of the infamous taco, layered dip.  An oldie but goodie if I may add.

Our neighbors had a Mexican themed cookout over the holiday weekend.  I made this along with the avocado dip to go along with the theme.  Great idea by the way!!!  (She had a bit of help with the idea, if I may add...but she did all the work and it turned out great!)  Great job Michelle!  All the food was gone which is a sure sign of success!


Ingredients
1 can of refried beans, I know there are two in the picture, pretend you only see one!
1 16 oz container of sour cream
1  16 oz bottle of your favorite salsa
2 cups mexican blend shredded cheese
2 roma tomatoes, diced

To Prepare
1. Using a spatula cover the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan with a can of refried beans.


2.  Cleaning off the spatula inbetween, add a layer of the sour cream.


3.  Add a layer of salsa.


4.  Add a layer of the shredded cheese.


5.  Add tomatoes.


Serve with tortilla chips.  

Other layers may include guacamole, shredded lettuce, onion and/or black olives.  

This is my first post that I actually have pictures of each of the steps.  (This is a very difficult task to achieve as it takes remembering to stop and shoot a photo, not my strong suit.  lol.)


2 comments:

  1. I make a dip very similar to this but sans the beans. From Bottom to Top --> (Cream Cheese/Sour Cream/Taco Seasoning Mix), (Chunky Salsa), (Shredded Lettuce), (Tomatoes), (Shredded Cheese), (Black Olives)

    ReplyDelete