1 5 lb. bag of redskin potatoes
2 - 3 T minced garlic (adjust to your liking)
1 - 2 sticks of butter or margarine (adjust to your liking)
1. Clean and trim the eyes and bruises on the potatoes.
2. Dice potatoes into small piece, the smaller leads to less cooking time.
3. Put diced potatoes into microwave safe bowl and put in microwave for 15 minutes. Check potatoes with fork. Keep re-microwaving for 5 minute increments until not quite fork tender (or fork tender if you prefer your potatoes pretty well done). (This is my time saving step. I usually just throw in oven with foil and remove foil for last 15 minutes, but this process takes over an hour.)
4. Transfer potatoes to casserole dish.
5. Sprinkle on minced garlic.
6. Cut butter or margarine into tabs and place on top of potatoes.
7. Bake in oven for 15 minutes at 350F (or until fork tender).
8. Turn broiler on High for 5 minutes to brown up the tops and edges.
Enjoy with steak or chicken or pork or whatever...