Saturday, September 3, 2011

Clay Pot Living Wreath

I found this great idea at http://www.beeskneesbungalow.com/

This time of year is not a good time to find plants to find this wonderful wreath so I will save it for next spring, I just could not wait to get it started.

Materials
Small clay pots (I bought 12 but only used 10.)
Wreath (I couldn't find a nice mossy one so I found one made of grapevine with leaves still intact.)
Wire (I found some nice brown cloth covered ones and were a perfect length.)



The Put Together
I took each pot and slipped the wire through it and attached it to the wreath.  I made an effort to make sure that they pointed in all different directions, even with a couple facing almost completely downward.  Now, I just have to wait until spring to complete the 'living' part.  I was thinking of planting asslyum in them.  They grow great and love how dainty they are.  I plan on securing the plants using wire for the pots that are not so upright.  I will re-post next spring when my wreath is finally complete. 



Please check back in the spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment