When the weather gets warm, we cook out! To save time and money, I stock up on ground beef when it's on sale and make hamburgers to freeze for later.
(all ingredients are based on 1 pound of ground beef)
Ground Beef, uncooked
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Dump ingredients into a mixing bowl.
2. Kneed until ingredients are good and mixed.
3. Form approximately 3 burgers per pound into patties.
4. Place patties on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
5. Place cookie sheet in freezer for approximately 2 hours. (I sometimes do this overnight, up to 24 hours.)
6. Using a spatula, I loosen the patties, peel off wax paper and put individual patties into cheapy sandwich bags.
7. Put all patties in cheaper bags into one large gallon sized freezer bag and place in freezer.
8. Viola! Ready when you are. Pull out as many or as little as you want.
Already frozen and ready to pop on the grill.