Sunday, March 25, 2012

Chore Chart - Revisited

I made a Chore Chart for Steel and we had to revamp it.  It wasn't working too well.  It's partly my fault.  It's so hard to come up with chores that a 6 year old can perform by himself.  When he wanted to do some, I was busy doing something else and some of the chores he can perform by himself do not have to be done often.  So I decided to try it another way until he is a bit older and used to doing some things around the house.

See previous Chore Chart post here.

What I did was take off all the chore stickers off the wooden pieces and just put on labels that all read $0.25.  So now when he helps me (does chores) I tell him how much money he can put it that days column.  That way it's not limited to just a few items and I can attach an amount that is deserving of how much he really helped.  It's been working much better!



No comments:

Post a Comment