Sunday, March 11, 2012

St. Pat's Bow Wreath


Love this St. Pat's rainbow fabric and decided to dress up a wreath for the front door.  

Click Read More for tutorial. 
How I Did It
1.  I cut 2 lengths of fabric, the full width of fabric (the folded side).  They measured 4"x43".  

2.  I folded the edges in, down the middle and pinned the two strips of fabric.  



3.  I sewed the strips down both sides forming 2 ribbons.



4.  I took 1 said ribbon and folded it, making loops to form a bow and sewed lines in the center to keep the form.


5.  I took the second said ribbon and folded it over the bow.


6.  I tucked the top piece under the bow and sewed the ribbon together where it would be hidden under the bow.


7.  I secured the bow to the top of a twig wreath with a twist tie and hung the wreath (also with a twist tie, see Using a Twist Tie to Hang Wreath) on the front door.


Happy St. Patty's!

No comments:

Post a Comment