Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Patty Party Tees

Or I wish for Beer for those that need the help...=)
For my little Steel man.
Steeler fans only have one thing on their mind's for St. Pats!
Who's ready for St. Patty's Day?!  Well, I'm trying to get ready with lots of last minute posts this week.  You can't party for St. Pat's without a fun tee, right?  Well, I had some great ideas and decided to bust out my silhouette and put them into action.  For those that are a bit behind...Irish for Beer or I wish for Beer.  I thought I'd help you out!  =)

Click read more for tutorial.
Materials
T-shirt
Vinyl for Silhouette or Cricut
Silhouette or Cricut
Transfer tape for Silhouette or Cricut
Fabric Paint
Sponge Brush
Paper Plate

How I Did It
1.  I designed my tee using my Silhouette software and cut it out on my Silhouette.  


2.  I secured transfer tape on top of my cutout.


3.  I peeled the back of the cutout.

 

4.  I peeled the letters off the vinyl.  Note that the transfer tape is still attached to the top.

 

5.  I put a shirt over a piece of cardboard so that the cardboard was in between the front and the back of the shirt.  

6.  I positioned the cutout on top of the shirt, centered 2 inches down from the collar.


7.  I peeled off the transfer tape.  I was careful to ensure that all the little pieces stayed in place, this is very important as the vinyl doesn't stick to the material as it would a solid surface.  After the tape was removed, I made sure that the vinyl was smoothed out and was adhered to shirt as much as possible.


8.  I sponged fabric paint onto the openings in the vinyl.  

 











No comments:

Post a Comment