Friday, March 2, 2012

It's Wine O'Clock Somewhere - Hillbilly Wineglasses Revisited


Did I happen to mention that I love my Silhouette and Amour Etch?  

How fitting but to adorn a hillbilly wineglass with It's Wine O'Clock Somewhere.  Love it!  

How I Did It
1.  I cut It's Wine O'Clock Somewhere out of vinyl on my Silhouette.  I did a lot of measuring and made sure to center the lines and paid special attention that all words would be able to be seen on one side of the mason jar.  


2.  I cut a piece of transfer tape and stuck it on top of the  freshly cut vinyl.


3.  I peeled away the backing of the vinyl.


4.  I removed all the letters, leaving the centers of the vowels.


5.  I placed the vinyl on a mason jar and smoothed it out and pressed evenly to ensure that it adhered well and no bubbles.  


 6.  I removed the transfer tape.


7.  I applied the Amour Etch according to the directions on the bottle:
I used a sponge brush to apply a thick layer the compound, let set for 5 minutes, rinsed it off with water.


8.  I peeled off the vinyl.


9.  I used E-6000 glue to affix the mason jars atop of candlesticks.



And there you have it...



No comments:

Post a Comment