5 pound bag of russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/4 cup of butter
1 cup of sour cream
Wondra flour - My Grampa was a great chef and told me to always use wondra when making gravy
jar of prepared gravy (Yes, I cheat but see my reasoning below...)
To Prepare Potatoes
1. Put cubed potatoes in pot covered in water and boil until very tender, stirring often. (Cook until fork tender and then some.)
2. Strain potatoes and transfer to a mixing bowl. (I use my Kitchen Aid mixer.)
4. Mix. Start with a slow speed and increase slowly.
5. Transfer to serving dish.
To Prepare Gravy
1. Spoon dripping into a sauce pan and place over medium heat.
2. Slowly add Wondra flour, whisking continuously.
3. Add prepared gravy.
I decided to doctor the prepared gravy because I add so much butter under the skin of the turkey, most of my drippings are butter and I was afraid that the gravy would end up being a butter gravy instead of a turkey gravy. The prepared gravy in just not good enough on it's own and this little doctoring made all the difference. We (the hub and I) thought it was great.