Monday, December 19, 2011

2 Minute Brownie Basket (Recipe Enclosed!)

Who knew you could make a brownie in a microwave?!  Yes, they sell those little boxed bowls now but this is still a fabulous find, as those little boxed ones are pricey!

I found the 2 Minute Mug Brownie Recipe at Family Kitchen on www.babble.com.  I decided to make a gift basket out of it.  I am gifting it to a college student and wanted to make it simple.  Sure, I could buy the measuring spoons and cups and all the ingredients but I decided to put the ingredients into separate wet and dry ingredient jars so there would be no need for measuring.  When they are ready, they can just dump, mix and go!  


Materials
Basket
Paper easter grass, can use a kitchen towel or tissue paper as well
Mug
Jars for wet and dry ingredients
Labels
Decorative Paper
Ribbon

Ingredients
1/4 c packed brown sugar
1/4 c flour
2 T unsweetened cocoa
pinch salt
2 T vegetable oil
2 T water, milk or coffee (I opted for water since it is going in a gift basket)

How I Did It
1.  I printed a label with the instructions on it.
     2 Minute Mug Brownie
     1.  Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients in a Mug.
     2.  Mix Well, fork works well enough.
     3.  Put in microwave on high for 1 minute, check after 30 seconds
          as microwave times vary.  The brownie is ready when the top is 
          spongy and it is still a bit gooey in the center.  YUM!

2.  I attached the label to a piece of decorative Christmas paper cut to size.  


3.  I punched a hole in the card and attached it to the handle of the mug with ribbon.

4.  I filled a small (1/2 pint) mason jar with dry ingredients.  I made/printed a label and stuck it on the jar.
     Dry Ingredients
     1/4 c flour
     1/4 c packed brown sugar
     2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
     pinch salt

5.  I filled an even smaller jar (I had one but try a 1/4 pint mason jar, they do make small ones) with the wet ingredients.  I made/printed a label and stuck in on the jar.  
     Wet Ingredients
     2 T Vegetable Oil
     2 T Water, Milk, or Coffee


And there you have it!  How can you go wrong with chocolate?!

No comments:

Post a Comment