Saturday, December 17, 2011

Gift Card Snow Globe

I found this very Creative gift idea at thecreativemama.com taking a mason jar and turning it into a snow globe to house a gift card.  Very creative and very easy!  I decided to make one to gift to Steel's teacher for Christmas with a $5 gift card to Michael's.  


Materials
Mason Jar, pint size works great, preferably without logos
Gift Card
Hot Glue Gun and Glue
Glitter
Ribbon
Paper/label for gift tag on lid
Small ornaments or embellishments, optional





The How To
1.  Hot glue the gift card and ornaments to the underside of the mason jar lid and let dry.  The glue can just be peeled off the gift card when ready to use.  




2.  Cut a circle out of decorative paper and attach label.  Insert gift tag on lid insert and replace ring.


3.  Insert a few extra ornaments or water resistant embellishments and glitter into jar.  I used a few shakes of both silver and red glitter.


4.  Fill with water to the tip-ity top.  This is where it gets a bit tricky.  My extra ornaments float, as does the glitter.  I replaced the cap and it overflowed a bit on the counter.  Easy enough to clean up, no biggie.

5.  Flip the jar upside down and attach ribbon.

Viola!

My ribbon is a bit uneven but I will of course fix that before gifting it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment