Thursday, January 31, 2013

Valentine Felt Heart Garland


Well, it didn't turn out as I expected.  It's not terrible.  I definitely needed stiffer and thicker felt but I used what I had on hand and had no plans of buying any.  I should have took a couple pointers from my inspiration listed below but I had my own ideas...=)  Since my felt was so thin, when I tried to hang it, it flattened out the tops of the hearts, that's why I hung it the way that I did to try and make the best of it.  

How I Did It...

I cut 20 strips of felt 1 x 5 inches...


I folded each of them in half and stitched along the fold...


I connected the hearts before I stitched each of the hearts closed.  I did this by stitching them together from what will end up being the inside of each of the hearts at approximately 1/3 of the distance from the first stitching.



I attached ribbon hooks to the 2 outside hearts...


Finally, I stitched each of the hearts closed...





Inspiration:  blog.betzwhite.com

1 comment: