Saturday, January 5, 2013

Mississippi Sin Dip


This is a nice change from the ole Spinach dip with pumpernickel bread.  I found this great recipe at plainchicken.com.  (I adapted it slightly.)  I made it for game day and if your team happens to still be playing (aka playoffs, like ours is not!), give it a try.  I kept the same name as I couldn't think of anything creative.  =)

Click Read More for the Recipe...

Ingredients
2 - Small Italian Loaf of bread, uncut
8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
16 oz sour cream
3/4 cup bacon
2 cups mixed blend of shredded cheese, you pick
1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dry mix

To Prepare
1.  Cut the center portion of the top of the loaf off.

2.  Hollow out the center of the loaf leaving approximately 1 inch walls of the loaf and set aside.

3.  Mix together the remaining ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.  I find that a fork works best.

4.  Fill the loaf with your mixture.  I reserve half of the mixture to use for a second loaf within a day or two.

5.  Place on baking sheet and bake in oven for approximately 30 minutes at 350F.

6.  Enjoy with small slices of bread, corn chips or crackers.




No comments:

Post a Comment