Friday, January 25, 2013

Cream of Some Soup

This may literally be the best tip I have ever found.  (See my source at the bottom of the post.)  Who doesn't add some kind of cream of some kind of soup or another to their current recipes.  It's a quick, creamy recipe fix'er upper.  It's ingenious.  Well, it was until I found this bad boy...  It's so simple.  It calls for Dry Non-fat Milk that I found to be a bit pricey, or more than I expected anyway.  I only found it sold in larger quantities so that may be part of the problem.  After I bought some, I found it cheaper at another store so I guess it pays to shop around.  =)  Try it, you'll like it! 


Ingredients
1 c Dry Non-fat Milk
3/4 c Cornstarch
1 T Minced Onion
1 t Parsley Flakes
1 t Ground Black Pepper
2 T Bouillon (flavor of choice)

Directions
Add 1/3 cup of mix and 1 cup water for each Cream of Some Soup. 

My New Spin:
-Make up the recipe without the bouillon
-Add 1/3 cup of mix, 1 Tablespoon of bouillon (flavor of choice) and 1 cup of water for each Cream of Some Soup needed.

Note that this is more that the original 2 T in the full mix but who doesn't like a bit of extra flavor? This allows you to only make up one mix and use it for everything!  I made up a batch and keep in the cabinet so I have it handy when I need it.

Source:  1orangegiraffe.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment