Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Big Sister Tote using Silhouette Vinyl Stencil




I made the new big sister a tote to put your little gifts in.  I made a stencil in vinyl using my silhouette and fabric paint. 

Click Read More for How I Did It...
Tools and Materials
Canvas bag found at a local craft store
Fabric Paint
Sponge Brush
Paper Plate
Vinyl
Silhouette

How I Did It
1.  I designed my stencil on Silhouette Studio.

2.  I cut my design out in vinyl using my Silhouette.  The crazy part is, is that I used regular vinyl and then noticed on the Silhouette website, they actually sell Stencil Vinyl for this very purpose!  They also sell fabric ink.  I may have to check out those products... 

3.  I peeled away the inside of the design (where I wanted the paint to be).

4.  I stuck the stencil of my design onto the canvas bag.



5.  I sponged the design with white fabric paint.



6.  I carefully removed the stencil while the paint was still wet. 

7.  I let it dry overnight. 


Inspiration:  TipJunkie.com




No comments:

Post a Comment