Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cheesy Chicken Bake


Made this yesterday.  Definitely will make again!  Found the recipe at www.plainchicken.com.  I didn't change the recipe that much, just a few minor tweaks.

Ingredients
2 chicken breasts, shredded or cubed (I used a small tub of shredded from my freezer, see my Super Easy Shredded Chicken).  I may have had more that 2 breasts, my bowl holds approx. 2 1/2 - 3 shredded breasts.
2 - 8 oz. packages of crescent rolls
1 can cream of chicken soup, condensed
3 cups shredded cheese, I used a combination of swiss and cheddar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp chicken soup base
1/2 cup milk
8 oz. cream cheese, softened

To Prepare
1.  Prepare filling:

Combine 2 cups of cheese, chicken, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, soup base and cream cheese  in a mixing bowl.  I kept some of the broth from what I put in shredded chicken when I froze it, not too much, I drained some out but when I added the chicken I would say it was moist.  


2.  Unroll crescent rolls and spoon filling on to the center.


3.  Roll crescent roll closed, overlapping corners.


4.  Place in greased (I pam'ed it.) 9 x 13 baking dish.


5.  Prepare sauce:

Combine remaining cheese, cream of chicken soup and mix in mixing bowl.  


6.  Pour sauce over rolls.


7.  Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes, I like the edges a golden brown.  


8.  Let cool for 10 minutes and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment