Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Stuffing

I have so many recipes to post from our feast!

I have never been a fan of stuffing, not much of a 'bread' person.  I did decide to make it from scratch instead of using a box this year.  I opted for the sausage and bread and since I was stuffing it in the turkey, I didn't bother with any seasonings.

Ingredients
1 Loaf of good bread, any kind you choose, I picked italian.
1 (16 oz.) package of pork sausage
cup of onion, chopped

To Prepare (How I did it...)
The night before...
1.  Cook the sausage in a pan with a cup of water.
2.  Chopped the onion and pureed it with a bit of water.
3.  Blended the two together and put in a bowl until morning.
4.  Cut bread into cubes and leave out in s bowl overnight to let the bread dry out a bit.

Right before stuffing....
5.  Blend the bread and sausage mixture together.


6.  Stuff the turkey!!!!


7.  Cook the bird adding an additional 45 minutes due to stuffing.


8.  Spoon out the stuffing into serving dish.



9.  Serve.
The hub said it was good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment