Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thanksgiving Feast Menu 2011

Time to shop to gather items for the grand feast.  The hub and I cannot wait!  I will be sure to post recipes.  Here's our meal plan...

Appetizer:
Deviled Eggs (A Holiday Staple in this house.  Come early and grab what you can, they are usually gone hours before the feast.)

The Main Courses:
Turkey
Spiral Ham (Wilma is bringing)

Side Dishes:
Potato Salad (Wilma's Famous)
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy (Always)
Baked Corn Casserole (I bought a pre-made one for Christmas last year, I am making one for this feast.)
Green Bean Casserole (A must per the hub.)
Stuffing (I'm not a fan but I hear ya can't have a Turkey without it.  (smile) )
Rolls with Honey Butter (Yum)

Desserts:
Pumpkin Roll (Mom's Recipe!)
Chocolate Cream Pie (New Recipe!)

Sure seems like a lot for the seven of us (actually more like six because Steel will not eat any of it) but leftovers are a must!  The hub and I agree that leftovers are the best part of the holidays.  You don't have to cook for a couple days afterward, it's great!  And to be honest, we probably will not have enough leftovers to last 2 days, REALLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment