Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mexican Shredded Beef for Tacos


My co-workers and I celebrated Cinco de Mayo with a pot luck luncheon last Friday.  And my family and I celebrated at home with a backyard FIESTA on Saturday!  I will be posting many recipes to come...Stay Tuned!!!

Ingredients
4 lbs Chunk of Beef, See Shredded Beef and Pot Roast posts, any cut of beef will do!
1 pkt Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1 T Chili Powder (I used Mexican Chili Powder, only because I happened to find it)
1 T Ground Cumin
1 T Minced Garlic
1 T Ground Cayenne Pepper
1 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 (12oz.) can of Rotel Diced Tomatoes

To Prepare
1.  Prepare Roast in a crockpot per Pot Roast recipe with Lipton Onion Soup Mix.  (I did this overnight.) 

2.  Shred beef with forks (or hands), this should fall apart very easily.

3.  Pour off excess liquid, keeping approximately 1 - 1 1/2 inch(es) of liquid in the bottom of the crockpot. 

4.  Add remaining ingredients and mix well.

5.  Return lid to crockpot and keep on low for a couples hours prior to serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment