Monday, May 14, 2012

Avery's Stuffed Giraffe


A giraffe to coordinate with Avery's Baby Quilt and Elephant.  More difficult than anticipated.  I do love how it coordinates with the other gifts.  

Click Read More for How To...
Materials
Watercolor or thicker paper to make template
Pencil
Coordinating fabric, 1/4 yard
Coordinating ribbon, 18 inches long
Needle
Thread
Stuffing
Sewing Machine - optional

How I Did It
1.  I sketched a silhouette of a giraffe after getting ideas from google images, keeping it as simple as possible.

2.  I cut out the silhouette.


3.  I folded over the fabric right side in and traced the template onto the fabric with a pencil.

4.  I cut out the giraffe shape 1/4 - 1/2 inches away from the pencil line to allow to stitching.


5.  I cut ribbon, 6 pieces at 3 inches long.


6.  I folded the ribbon pieces and placed them in between the giraffe pieces, facing inward and pinned them into place.



7.  I pinned the giraffe pieces together.


8.  I stitched along the pencil line, leaving an opening along the back of the giraffe for stuffing.


9.  I turned the giraffe right side out.


10.  I stuffed the giraffe.

11.  I folded the ends of the opening in and pinned it closed.

12.  I closed up the giraffe by using a blind or finishing stitch.  See this tutorial from Gratz Industries for help




No comments:

Post a Comment