Friday, May 11, 2012

Avery's Personalized Baby Quilt



My friend had her baby and I have had quite an eventful week trying to get all the gifts I had planned made.  I was battling with my sewing machine, there seems to be something wrong with the tension, I think I may have to break down and have it looked at.  I will try stopping by the sewing machine shop first and see if there is something that I can try myself first.  My friend's mother is a seamstress, I will give her strict orders not to let her mom inspect my creations!  But...I finally finished.  I get to meet Avery today!

This is the embroidered quilt that I made for him...


My friend painted her nursery an aqua blue and was going with the zoo animal theme.  I am hoping that it (and other gifts) will go well. 

I also made coordinating stuffed animals...  I will post on them soon.  Those were an adventure themselves!  They were a first for myself and boy, they were doo-sies!  I had a great idea but let's just say, I learned a lot!  Again, Gramma can't look too close!  I think it is safe to say that Avery is my practice child.  lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment