Friday, May 4, 2012

Project Garden: Step One


I have never had a garden before.  Never.  We are attempting it for the first time this year.  We have much to do since we have decided to build our own box garden.  First things first...Steel and I needed to plant our seeds.

I bought a few Jiffy Plant Starter Kits at Walmart for $8, so not the Amazon price!  These are great because they have peat pellets that expand when watered and you can plant the seeds right in them and transfer to your garden when ready.  I also bought these so that I could reuse the greenhouses and buy peat pellet refills for the years to come.

According to the directions, you are to plant three seeds in each, I assume that it would then be the survival of the fittest once germination occurs.  The directions didn't go into detail on that part.



We planted:
Zucchini
Cucumbers
Beefsteak Tomatoes
Cherry Tomatoes
Roma Tomatoes
Sweet Peppers
Green Peppers
Jalapeno Peppers
Cantaloupe
Pumpkin
Watermelon

Stay tuned...I will let you know how our gardening project progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment