Sunday, July 31, 2011

Vinegar, vinegar and more vinegar

I'm a vinegar fanatic!  I always have 3 different vinegars on hand at all times, white, cider and balsamic. 

I am pretty sure there has to be 101 uses for White vinegar, mostly for use on the cleaning front.  I am going to have to post a separate blog on that one. 

My grandmother used to rave about how great Cider Vinegar was.  She used to push all kinds on information on me, trying to sell me on it.  (She really didn't need to, I love vinegar! But you know how the elderly tend not to listen too well when they have something to say...lol.)  I don't have any of the pamphlets these days...so I googled it.  I found this from http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/acvinegar.html:

Apple Cider Vinegar Cures

Updated: 07/30/2011
rss feed
Apple Cider Vinegar, that wonderful old-timers home remedy, cures more ailments than any other folk remedy -- we're convinced! From the extensive feedback we've received over the past 8 years, the reported cures from drinking Apple Cider Vinegar are numerous. They include cures for allergies (including pet, food and environmental), sinus infections, acne, high cholesterol, flu, chronic fatigue, candida, acid reflux, sore throats, contact dermatitis, arthritis, and gout. Apple Cider Vinegar also breaks down fat and is widely used to lose weight. It has also been reported that a daily dose of apple cider vinegar in water has high blood pressure under control in two weeks!
Apple Cider Vinegar is also wonderful for pets, including dogs, cats, and horses. It helps them with arthritic conditions, controls fleas & barn flies, and gives a beautiful shine to their coats!
If you can get over the taste of apple cider vinegar, you will find it one of the most important natural remedies in healing the body. As a wonderful side effect of drinking apple cider vinegar every day, we've discovered that it brings a healthy, rosy glow to one's complexion! This is great news if you suffer from a pale countenance.

I use Cider Vinegar in salad dressing and in my Refreshing Mac Salad.  Another great use for it is to soak tomatoes and cucumber wedges overnight in casserole dishes and eat them up, yum, the next day.  Sorry for those who can't stomach the stuff, but I am truly a vinegar fanatic! 

Then on to Balsamic Vinegar.  It is truly amazing.  I save it for my most special recipe that my mother used to make:  Fresh Mozzarella Bites

No comments:

Post a Comment