Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Scanner Radio App

I downloaded Scanner Radio app probably a month ago and used it for the first time last night.  The hub and I were sitting in the backyard and heard the sirens of the fire engine and such go roaring by.  I got out the trusty smartphone (very smart gadget!) and opened up my Scanner Radio app and started listening.  (You click on the near me button and it lets you choose what stream you want to listen to.  I picked the one that covers our area of town.)  We then heard that someone was run over just down the road.  So sad.  Hope everything turns out okay for the person.  We also heard that there was a gas leak at a manufacturing facility a couple towns over.  Scary stuff.  It satisfied our curiousity and we turned it off. 

http://www.appbrain.com/app/scanner-radio/com.scannerradio

No comments:

Post a Comment