Monday, April 9, 2012

Ice Cream Flower Buckets


I made our Easter dessert!  Aren't they great!?!  I love the way they turned out!  They are filled with ice cream with crushed Oreos on top!

Click Read More for the How To
Materials and Ingredients
Buckets found in the party supply section of the craft store
Straws
Shortcake circles, you can make your own and cut out using a cut out bottom of a solo cup
Ice Cream
Oreos, crushed using Magic Bullet or Blender
Green Pipe Cleaners
Coordinating Colors of Cardstock
Glue
Stapler (with staples)
Scissors


How I Did It
I prepared my dirt in my buckets...
1.  I set out my buckets.


2.  I took my shortcake circles and put them in the bottom of each bucket.



3.  I cut straws so that and stuck them in the shortcake so that the top of the straw would be just over the top of the bucket.




4.  I filled the buckets with ice cream 3/4 inch from the top.  This doesn't need to be pretty.  


5.  I crushed Oreos in my Magic bullet and spooned them on top of the ice cream to appear as dirt.


6.  I stored the buckets in the freezer until it was time to serve.

I made my flowers...
1.  I cut out flowers on cardstock with my Silhouette.
I used a cute 3D flower design. 





2.  I stapled pipe cleaner to the back of the flower.  I made sure the straight piece of he staple was overlapping the pipe cleaner.  I staple three times in different directions so that it could easily slip off.



3.  I punched out the same color circles with a circle punch and glued it to the center to cover the staples on the backside of the flowers.


4.  I punched out yellow circles with a circle punch and glued it to the center to cover the staples on the front side of the flowers.


 

 5.  I trimmed the stems to the height that I wanted and set a side until serving time.

 To Serve
1.  I placed each of the flowers into the straw of bucket.





Source:  http://theberry.com/2012/03/25/sunday-brunch-60-photos-22/

No comments:

Post a Comment