Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hard Boiled Eggs in the Oven



I saw this great idea at http://greetingsfromtheasylum.blogspot.com:
Make your hard boiled eggs in the oven!

Click Read More for details



I put eggs into muffin/cupcake tins and bake them at 325° for 30 minutes.  Note that oven times may vary, mine went a bit too long, I had small brown marks on my eggs that were on the outside as well as on the inside.  They were easily trimmed off, no biggie.



Once out of the oven, I used a spoon to transfer them to a bowl that I set up in the sink with running cold water pouring into it.  It is much easier to peel when the eggs are still warm.  Deviled Eggs were a breeze this Easter!

Note that I used a decorating tip for the filling, I decided to jazz them up a bit!

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to try this idea! We like hard & soft boiled eggs in winter, too! Mmm! Plus it will warm up the kitchen!... Thanks! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you add ANY water or liquid into the muffin tin first?

    ReplyDelete