Sounds good, huh? They are! I'm not a fan of water chestnuts, these are a great replacement!
Click Read More for the recipe
1 stick of butter
2 cups of brown sugar
1 lb of smokies
1 lb pack of bacon
1. Cut bacon slices into thirds.
2. Wrap smokies in bacon and line in a baking dish with the end of the bacon facing down.
3. Melt butter in a sauce pan.
4. Stir in 1 cup of brown sugar until dissolved.
5. Pour sugar mixture over bacon wrapped smokies.
6. Spread remaining 1 cup of brown sugar on top.
7. Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes then turn oven up to 400°F for an additional 5 minutes to caramelize the brown sugar and crisp up the bacon.