Friday, April 13, 2012

Baby Stats WordArt

 
Don't you love it?!?!

With WordArt being all the rage these days, I have seen some baby stats WordArt circulating as well.  I thought about putting vinyl letters, cut out using my Silhouette and transferring it on to the glass of a frame?!  I found this frame in the same color as my friends baby's nursery that just made it all the better.  I'm thinking of making myself one, who cares if it's 6 1/2 years later, right?

Click Read More for tutorial


How I Did It
1.  I removed the backing of a picture frame.  I chose an 11 x 14 frame because the silhouette cuts letter size paper/vinyl.  I thought that the size would work out great.

2.  I didn't want the metal tabs showing through the glass (that are usually hidden behind the backing).  I took a pair of snipers (I think that is what they are called?) and trimmed the tabs down enough to be hidden behind the frame and still hold the glass into place.


3.  I designed my baby stats on my Silhouette software and cut it out on white vinyl using my Silhouette.  I did not include any pictures of this because since I used white vinyl, the objects in the pictures were very difficult to see.

4.  I used transfer tape to transfer my baby stats to the glass and frame.


I can't wait to gift this to the proud new parents!  I hope they like it as much as I do!






1 comment: