Fun and different to try with the kiddos...
Paper (to make heart template)
How We Did It
1. Mom sliced the paper wrapped around the crayons with a utility knife and remove the paper.
2. Use the pencil sharpener to shave crayons of the colors you choose.
3. Line ironing board with several newspaper pages. Preheat iron to a low setting.
5. Sprinkle crayon shavings to one side of the wax paper.
6. Fold over the wax paper to cover the shavings.
7. Place several more layers of newspaper on top on the wax paper.
8. Iron on top on newspaper to melt the crayons and the wax paper to itself. You can check how things are going periodically. The wax will leak out the edges and the wax paper will melt, you need to keep notice.
10. Make a heart template out of any type of paper you have handy.
11. Have your child trace the template and cut it out.