Monday, January 16, 2012

Etching Glass - VERY Easy!

I bought some etching creme some time back and finally got to using it this weekend.  I cannot believe how easy it was!  Wow!  I can't wait to use it again and again.  Right now, I am just thinking of all the possibilities.  


Materials
Etching Creme (I found this at craft store.  Until recently, I didn't know it existed)
Paint Brush
Mason Jar (I used a generic brand without writing or logos.)
Stencil (I made mine on my Silhouette.)
Tap Water

How I Did It
1.  I used my Silhouette to cut out a letter M.  (I have a project that this will be used for that I will be posting tomorrow!)


2.  I peeled the negative of the letter and affixed it to the jar.


3.  I used the paint brush and applied a thick layer of etching creme.  I used Etching Armour Creme.  The directions stated to leave the creme on for 5 minutes.


4.  After the 5 minutes, I rinsed the etching creme off.


5.  Then I peeled my stencil off.

Viola!

1 comment:

  1. I found this blog so great talking about etched glass, this could be a great source of info that may help for those people who love engraving.

    ReplyDelete