Thursday, January 19, 2012

Laundry Pocket Finds Jar

I used my Silhouette again!  I made vinyl letters to make a nifty jar for the laundry room to hold contents of what gets left in pockets that may or may not have made it's way into the laundry.  


How I Did It
1.  I made cut out my lettering on my Silhouette.  I made sure to keep the letters and the negative image all in tact.


2.  I used the vinyl transfer found near Cricut/Silhouette supplies in craft stores.  I peeled the backing off of it.


3.  I stuck the vinyl transfer directly to the lettering.


4.  I peeled the backing and negative from my lettering away from the vinyl transfer.  I made sure that only what I wanted to keep was still sticking to the vinyl transfer.  This isn't as hard as it may seem.



5.  I applied the vinyl transfer directly to the jar, lining up exactly where I wanted my lettering.  I eye balled this.

6.  I made sure to rub each letter with a bit of pressure to ensure when I peeled the vinyl transfer away that the letters would stay adhered to the jar.



7.  I peeled the transfer away from the jar.


Viola!


Inspiration:  http://www.athoughtfulplaceblog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment