Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Treat Bags with 3D Bow - Silhouette Project!!


These were so much fun but I think I should have picked an easier embellishment to decorate these little gift bags.  I had to cut and assemble 18 bows as well as fill the goodie bags.  Took most of an evening.  Argh!  They turned out super cute though and I got to bust out my Silhouette!!  

Our school has a 'no candy / sugar' policy for treats.  So...I filled these with a cookie cutter, stickers and a pez dispenser.  (Pez candies were included but I took my chances since Steel's teacher sent home some candy corn for Halloween.)

Click Read More for How I Did It...


How I Did It
1.  I used a purchased design from the Silhouette online store called 3D layered bow (design #35588). 

2.  I cut them out in Christmas scrapbook paper...


3.  I took the bottom ribbon piece and set it out on my work surface...


4.  I placed a sticky dot in the center...


5.  I placed the edge longest bow piece (nice side down) on the right edge of the sticky dot...


6.  I curved it around and placed the other edge (nice side) on the other edge of the sticky dot...


7.  I pushed down the center to stick on the center of the sticky dot...


8.  I placed another sticky dot in the center of that bow...


9.  I followed the same procedure (steps 5 - 7) for the second bow...





10.  i placed a sticky dot in the center of the underside of the bow...


11.  I stuck one edge of the small rectangle at the edge of the sticky dot...


12.  I folded the piece around the bow and stuck the other edge of the rectangle to the sticky dot...



And there you have it...







No comments:

Post a Comment