Friday, December 7, 2012

Burp Cloths


These are my matching burp cloths to go with my Reversible Bibs.  The process is basically the same, check out the Reversible Bibs post here.  

Click Read More for How I Did It...
Materials and Supplies
1/2 yard Fun Fabric 
1/2 yard Terry Cloth in coordinating color
     *Fabric will yield 2 bibs and 2 burp cloths
Scissors
Straight Pins
Sewing Machine and Thread

How I Did It
1. I cut both my fun fabric and the terry cloth to measure approximately 9 x 18 inches.  




2.  I cut a piece of fun fabric to approximately 5 x 9 inches.  This will be attached as a stripe to the terry cloth side of the burp cloth.


3.  I turned the fun fabric 'fun side down' so that the edge would be approximately 3 inches above the bottom of the burp cloth.  Note that the burp cloth is laying sideways.


4.  I stitched the fabric along the edge, approx. 1/4 inch from the edge.


5.  I folded over the fun fabric along where I stitched.


6.  I stitched along the fold approx. 1/4 inch from the fold.


7.  I folded the other edge under (shown above) and stitched along that fold as well (shown below).


8.  I placed the fun fabric over top of the terry cloth, fun side down.


9.  I stitched along the outside edge, approx. 1/4 inch from edge all the way around the burp cloth, leaving approx. a 3 inch opening so that the burp cloth could be turned fun side out.


10.  I folded the opening edges in and stitched around the outside, approx. 1/4 inch from the edge.





No comments:

Post a Comment