Saturday, January 5, 2013
Mississippi Sin Dip
This is a nice change from the ole Spinach dip with pumpernickel bread. I found this great recipe at plainchicken.com. (I adapted it slightly.) I made it for game day and if your team happens to still be playing (aka playoffs, like ours is not!), give it a try. I kept the same name as I couldn't think of anything creative. =)
Click Read More for the Recipe...
2 - Small Italian Loaf of bread, uncut
8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
16 oz sour cream
3/4 cup bacon
2 cups mixed blend of shredded cheese, you pick
1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dry mix
1. Cut the center portion of the top of the loaf off.
2. Hollow out the center of the loaf leaving approximately 1 inch walls of the loaf and set aside.
3. Mix together the remaining ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. I find that a fork works best.
4. Fill the loaf with your mixture. I reserve half of the mixture to use for a second loaf within a day or two.
5. Place on baking sheet and bake in oven for approximately 30 minutes at 350F.
6. Enjoy with small slices of bread, corn chips or crackers.