Super yummy! The best part is that we got to use the tomatoes from our garden!!
Click Read More for the Recipe and How To...
8 cups peeled, cored and chopped tomatoes, see how to below
1 cup cored and chopped jalapenos
2 cups chopped onion
3 T minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
3/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup lime juice
Mason Jars and lids
Medium sized pot to boil the syrup
Large stock pot to process the jars
Magnet on a stick, found near mason jars/supplies
Jar tongs, found near mason jars/supplies
Jar wrench, found near mason jars/supplies
1. Prepare tomatoes:
Score skins of tomatoes by making x's on the bottom using a paring knife.
Boil them in water for approximately 4 minutes.
Immediately transfer to a bowl of cold water.
Peel, core and chop.
2. Boil clean mason jars and lids in a large stock pot for 10 minutes.
3. Prepare your salsa:
Combine all salsa ingredients. I took all the ingredients and used my magic bullet to puree all ingredients in small batches.
4. Bring salsa to a boil over medium heat. Turn to simmer and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Fill jars with salsa, leaving 1/4 head space.
7. Place lids on jars, use jar wrench to make them tight.
8. Return jars to water bath using jar tongs and process for 15 minutes.
9. Remove jars from water bath and store.
It's ready when you are!!! (No need to wait like when you are canning vegetables.)