Monday, January 9, 2012

Simple DIY Valance


Steel has a Disney Cars Room that was in need of a window treatment...


Found some great fabric at the fabric store, Steel picked it out...


How I Did It
1.  I bought one yard and kept that as the width and cut it as 20 inches in length.

2.  I folded and pinned the bottom hem (36 inches).  I made sure that my pattern on the reverse would be in the correct direction when hung.


3.  I, then, folded and pinned both sides (20 inches).


 4.  I angled the corners and pinned so that the corners would lay flat.



5.  I folded the remaining edge (top) down 3 1/2 inches.  I stitched one line across at 1 1/2 inches down and  one at 3 inches. The top pocket is the top 'decoration' and the second is where the curtain rod is slipped in.



Ready for hanging...


And hung...


Can't get any easier than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment