Thursday, September 15, 2011

Football Bread

I came up with this recipe through ideas from friends.  My friend used to make what she called California bread and my neighbor was just talking about something similar.  I am calling this football bread because I made it for the Sunday football game.  It turned out great!

Ingredients
1/2 loaf of tuscan bread (Friends have used others such as French, Rye and Pumpernickel.)
1 cup of shredded swiss cheese
1/2 cup bacon bits (the real thing)
1/2 cup miracle whip
1/2 cup mayo
few dashes of worcestershire sauce

To Prepare
1.  Mix cheese, bacon bits, miracle whip, mayo and worcestershire sauce in a small mixing bowl.


2.  Spread evenly on slices on bread and lay out on a cookie sheet.


3.  Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.
4.  I put the broiler on for a few minutes afterward to brown the edges.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment