Saturday, September 17, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups

I found this recipe at:
http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/29700/Chocolatey-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-Cups/detail.aspx

There isn't too much detail.  I gave it a try.

Ingredients
1 package of prepared cookie dough that comes in block of squares
1 cup of milk chocolate chips

To Prepare
1.  Grease 2 mini muffin tins (makes 24 mini cookies).  (Or use liners)
2.  Break off dough square and insert into mini muffin tins.


3.  Using thumb, gently press in the middle of the square to form a well in the cookie dough.


4.  Bake at 350 for 9 to 11 minutes until edges are set.

5.  This is where I freaked out.  I opened the oven to find that the cookies rose above the sides and the well was no longer present.  I quickly took a spoon and pressed it in the middle of each cookie to re-form the well.  I'm not too sure if this was necessary or not because they were not finished baking when I did this.  I will try to make these again soon and update this post if necessary.

6.  Finish baking for the full time.

7.  Remove from oven and let cool completely.



8.  Place one cup of milk chocolate chips into a heavy duty freezer bag and place in a microwave safe bowl.


9.  Microwave on medium-high (70% power) for 30 seconds.  I do not have this option on my microwave.  (If I do, I am not aware of it!)  I put it on the full 30 seconds and hoped for the best.  The bag did not melt, 1 second longer, it may have.

10.  Knead the chocolate until smooth.

11.  Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag and squeeze into wells formed in cookies.




No comments:

Post a Comment