Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Wormie - Little Water Patrol Guy

I was at Lowe's the other day picking up a Peace Lily for my Lily + Vase = Fishbowl and I came across these little guys.  They were only $0.67 so I grabbed a few.  You put them in the soil of your planter.  When wormie is dark in color, no need to water.  When wormie is light in color, need to water.  I am been having a rough time with my potted outside plants this year.  Way too much rain, not enough rain then back to too much rain again, it's crazy.  So these might be useful but if not, they will still look cute.

Side Note:  They are really called Wormies, I am not making it up.



The Low Down
These wormies are made out of ceramic clay like terracotta pots.  When they are wet/moist they soak up the water and are dark in color.  When they are dry, they are light in color.  Trick is is that you have to check with wormie same as you would the soil to see if the plant needs water.  I can hope that Steel will keep an eye on them for me and let me know.  He was fasinated with them.  The directions also mentioned that the wormies need to be soaked in water for 2 minute prior to use.  I am assuming this is to wash off a type a protective film on them, although nothing was visible on the surface. 

Wormies Pre-soak


Wormies in action




No comments:

Post a Comment