I made some solar jars this weekend. This one I made with a mason jar and metallic paint. It glows nicely and creates a neat shadow as well.
My Inspiration: http://blog.freepeople.com
Click Read More for the How To...
Krylon Silver Metallic spray paint
Small solar light that will mount nicely in the top of mason jar
Tape, electrical works great
1. Take a plain mason jar because it will be easier to wrap and get crisper lines with painting.
2. Wrap teflon tape round and round.
4. Take the electrical tape and tape over the solar panel.
5. Spray your solar light and jar with metallic spray paint. I used Krylon Silver Metallic.
6. Once dry, remove the teflon tape from the jar and the tape from the solar panel.
7. Glue the solar light to the rim of the mason jar lid, minus the lid insert.