Click Read More for the recipe...
Cupcakes from Scratch Ingredients Source: Annie's Eats.com
3/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1 T instant espresso powder
1 1/2 c all purpose flour
1 1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
3/4 c warm water
3/4 c buttermilk
3 T vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
Quick and Easy Cupcake Ingredients
1 box of chocolate cake mix, grab one that sounds extra good like Duncan Hines Triple Chocolate Decadent, sounds YUM, right?
1 T instant espresso powder, optional
ingredients listed on cake mix
1. Preheat oven to 350°F, or according to package instructions.
2. Mix ingredients in a large mixing bowl for 2 - 3 minutes at medium-high speed, scraping down the sides at needed.
3. Fill cupcake liners inserted into cupcake pans 2/3 full and bake 18-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean or the center of the cupcake springs back when gently pressed.
4. Let cool.
5. Prepare Cool Whip Frosting, adding a shot of Kahlua for taste.
6. Once cupcakes are cooled, poke holes in the tops with a fork and pour approximately 1/4 - 1/2 ounce Kahlua over top of cupcake.
7. Top with Cool Whip Frosting.