Friday, June 8, 2012
Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips
Heather made this wonderful fruit salsa with homemade cinnamon chips for our Cinco de Mayo feast at work. I thought I would share the recipe with you...
Click Read More for the recipe...
2 kiwis, peeled and diced
2 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored and diced
8 oz. raspberries
1 lb. strawberries
2 T white sugar
1 T brown sugar
3 T fruit preserves, any flavor
10 (10 in.) flour tortillas
butter flavored cooking spray
2 T cinnamon and sugar (mixed half and half)
1. Combine fruit, sugars and preserves in a large bowl and toss. Please in refrigerator until ready to serve. Placing it in the frig overnight will allow the sugars to form a nice, flavorful syrup. Experiment with other fruits such as mandarin oranges, mangos and blueberries.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
3. Cut flour tortillas into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
4. Spray butter flavored cooking spray, sprinkle with desired amount of cinnamon and sugar and spray again with the cooking spray.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 - 10 minutes.
6. Allow tortillas to cool for at least 15 minutes, prior to serving.