Friday, August 24, 2012

Silicone Wristband Turned Key Fob


Saw this great idea at Dollar Store Mom and had to give it a whirl just needed some wristbands.  Imagine my surprise when Steel's football coach passed some out at his first practice a few weeks back.  I found some extra key rings in our key basket, I just needed to pick up some brads at the craft store.  

Click Read More for the How To...
Materials
Silicone Wristband
Key Ring
Hole puncher
Brad
Brad Setter


How To
1.  I folded the wristband so that the lettering would show, placed the hole punch a little more than a half inch away from the end and punched a hole through both layers.



2.  I moved to the Hub's workbench in the garage, placed the brad through both holes.


3.  I placed the other end of brad on the other side and clicked it in.


4.  I placed the brad on the brad setter, placed the metal striker on top and hit it with a hammer to set it.



5.  I put the key ring on the end and a fun key fob is born!



Now, I just need more wristbands...

=)




No comments:

Post a Comment