Thursday, March 20, 2014

Monthly Baby Onesies - Updated


  

UPDATED - CHECK OUT THE LITTLE ONE'S PICS AT THE END OF THE POST!!
TOO ADORABLE!!!

This wasn't a hard job but it was definitely time consuming!  The embroidering is what took forever!  I had the density set at .2 and each design took approximately 20 minutes on the machine!  But the results were definitely worth it!  I made these for Avery!  I made little patches that I adhered to onesies using stitch tape.  It says that it is machine washable which I was leery of but he's only going to wear each of them once for a monthly picture!  

Click Read More for How I Did It...
How I Did It
1.  I designed and embroidered 1 - 12 months.  Note that I used the same fabric as I used for his Personalized Quilt.  

2.  I cut out each design leaving enough room to fold the ends to the back.


3.  I folded each side under and stitched it in place with a zigzag stitch with the same color thread used in the design.





4.  I used stitch tape found in the fabric store and adhered each 'patch' in place.



I cannot wait to see Avery's picture every month in his onesies!

UPDATE:
See Avery grow...

                   


 








1 comment:

  1. Just blogged about these! they turned out so great! I'm trying to keep them nice for baby #2! :)

    ReplyDelete