Sunday, April 29, 2012

Family Room Painting Complete

I finished painting the family room!  The cheap, flat paint was terrible!  I would try to scrub the dirt away and the paint came off but the dirt would stay!  Painting was a must.  AND...they painted all the doors and trim the same color as the walls.  It was bad, bad, bad!  

I painted the walls SW6086 Sand Dunewith Sherwin Williams SW6086 Sand Dune Duration Home, satin finish.  Check out the color here.  Check out Duration Home here.

SW6086 Sand Dune
I painted the trim and doors with Sherwin Williams SW7006 Extra White Super Paint, semi gloss finish.  Check out the color here.  Check out Super Paint here

You can't really tell in the pictures but the new color is darker and less yellow than the old, yucky flat color.  Painting the trim white was a definite must but it also really sets off the color.  AND best of all...my walls are finally clean again!  If they get dirty, which they will, guess what...I can clean them!  Love it!

Here are some before and after shots.  It's kind of a hard to tell but I sure can.  Steel told me it looked new!  I love him!

Before (Yuck)
After (Ahhh!)
Before
After
Before
After
Before
After
Before
After

 I still need to replace the light switch and electrical outlets.  I am switching out the cream color for white but I have more painting to do first!  All this room needs is some new carpeting, but the budget doesn't allow for that at this time.

I do have to mention that not only is this room painted which is a winter project (yes, late) complete but, it is also spring cleaned which is a SPRING project complete!  Yeah!




No comments:

Post a Comment