Sunday, April 15, 2012

Embroidered Bins for Coat Closet


I'm trying to catch up with my winter projects (now that it's spring!!) and am putting the finishing touches (after painting) on the foyer.  I still want to install a new rod and shelf in the coat closet and shelving in the craft closet but both of those items are a bit lower on the list.  I will post on the final results of the foyer in a few days.  

As for my bins...
Organization was needed in our coat closet.  We all needed our own space for our items.  I found these bins at Walmart for a mere $3 a piece!  Yeah!  AND our bins needed personalized!  I decided to embroider our names on the bins.  

Click Read More for details...


How I Did It
1.  I designed our names using my Generations embroidery software.

2.  I had to rip the seams of the bins in order to take them off the the metal frames.


3.  I embroidered each of the bins.



4.  I re-stitched around the tops of the bins to re-secure the fabric to the bin's metal frame.

5.  I filled the bins with each of our items and placed them on the shelf in the coat closet.



No comments:

Post a Comment