Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Baked Potato Soup

My own creation.

Ingredients
2 - 14.5 oz cans diced potatoes, strained
2 - 14.5 oz cans beef broth
1 cup bacon bits
1 cup chopped onion
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp black pepper 
3/4 cup butter
2 Tbsp sugar 
3/4 cup flour
1 quart half and half
shredded cheddar and additional bacon bits for garnish

To Prepare
1.  Puree onions and garlic adding just enough water to form a smooth paste like mixture.  I use my magic bullet.  =)


2.  Add potatoes, onion and garlic mixture, beef broth, pepper and bacon bits to a pot.  Bring to a boil then let simmer until potatoes are fork tender.


3.  In a separate pot, melt butter.

4.  Whisking continuously, slowly add sugar, flour and half and half.  The trick is continuously and slowly!


 5.  Add cream mixture to the first pot and mix.


6.  Garnish with cheddar cheese and bacon bits.  

Enjoy!  Very good if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment